ER70S-6 Welding Wire
ER70S-6 welding wire has very good welding performance and the weld metal show lower temperature impact toughness. It is mainly for butt and fillet welding structures made by shipping steels and low alloy steels, such as ships, containers, vehicles, engineering & construction machinery and so on.
Welding Position: F, H, HF, OH, V
Type of Current: DCEP
- To avoid rust the wire must be kept in dry condition and keep the package in good condition also before welding.
- To prevent welding defects the shield gas should be pure particularly no moisture in it.
- The surfaces to be welded must be cleaned away from impurities of oil contamination, rust, moisture and so on.
- Mechanical properties, crack resistance and compactness of the weld metal are affected by heat input in welding so should pay more attention to it.
- The welding conditions mentioned above for reference only and it is better to do a welding procedure qualification according to project before putting it into formal welding.
Chemical Composition of Deposited Metal (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposited Metal
|Tensile Strength Rm (MPa)||Yield Strength ReL (MPa)||Elongation A (%)||-30℃ Impact Energy KV2(J)||Shielding Gas|