ER316 Welding Wire (CHM-316)
ER316 is austenite stainless steel MIG wire. It is mainly used for welding structures in chemical industry or in power engineering projects that fabricated by stainless steel AISI316, SUS316. Also, it can be used for welding high chromium steels that could not be PWHT or for dissimilar steels welding. The weld metal has good performance of corrosion-resisting, heat-resisting and crackle-resisting, particularly resistance to corrosion of chloridion.
Welding Position: F, H, HF, OH, V
Type of Current: DCEP
- Keeping the package of the wire in good condition before welding.
- To avoid welding defects the shield gas should be pure particularly no moisture in it.
- The surfaces to be welded must be cleaned away from impurities of oil contamination, rust, moisture and so on.
- The flowrate of the shield gas should be 20L-25L/minute and arc length in welding should be 4mm-6mm.
- Mechanical properties, crack resistance and appearance of the weld metal are affected by heat input in welding so should pay more attention to it.
- The welding conditions mentioned above for reference only and it is better to do a welding procedure qualification according to project before put it into formal welding.
ER316 Chemical Composition of Deposited Metal (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposited Metal (AW)
|Tensile Strength Rm (MPa)||Elongation A4 (%)|