ER309 Solid Welding Wire (SS309)
ER309 welding wire has good performance of mechanical properties, crackle resistance, oxidation resistance and it has excellent performance of resistance to high-temperature corrosion. It is suitable for welding similar composition stainless steel structures or for dissimilar steels welding and etc. Cr19Ni10 stainless steel with mild steel as well as for welding high chrome alloy steels and high manganese alloy steels.
Welding Position: F, H, HF, OH, V
Type of Current: DCEP
- Keeping the package of the wire in good condition before welding.
- To avoid welding defects the shield gas should be pure particularly no moisture in it.
- The surfaces to be welded must be cleaned away from impurities of oil contamination, rust, moisture and so on.
- The flowrate of the shield gas should be 20L-25L/minute and arc length in welding should be 4mm-6mm.
- Mechanical properties, crack resistance and appearance of the weld metal are affected by heat input in welding so should pay more attention to it.
- The welding conditions mentioned above for reference only and it is better to do a welding procedure qualification according to project before put it into formal welding.
Chemical Composition of ER309 Welding Wire (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposited Metal (AW)
|Tensile Strength Rm(MPa)||Elongation A4 (%)|