ER308 Solid Welding Wire (CHM-308)
ER308 is a popular stainless steel MIG wire and it is widely used fo welding similar composition stainless steels such as Cr18Ni8, Cr19Ni9 and Cr20Ni10, especially for 304 stainless steel. The weld metal has good crack resistance.
Welding Position: F, H, HF, OH, V
Type of Current: DCEP
- Keeping the package of the wire in good condition before welding.
- To avoid welding defects the shield gas should be pure particularly no moisture in it.
- The surfaces to be welded must be cleaned away from impurities of oil contamination, moisture and the region of the groove with 10mm around must be lustered.
- The flowrate of the shield gas should be 20L-25L/minute and arc length in welding should be 4mm-6mm.
- Mechanical properties, crack resistance and appearance of the weld metal are affected by heat input in welding so should pay more attention to it.
- The welding conditions mentioned above for reference only and it is better to do a welding procedure qualification according to the project before put it into formal welding.
ER308 Chemical Composition of Deposited Metal (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposited Metal (AW)
|Tensile Strength Rm (MPa)||Elongation A4 (%)|