- What Personal Data we collect
- How we use that Personal Data
- How we may share that Personal Data
- How we protect that Personal Data
- Your choices regarding your Personal Data
To the extent possible, before you submit your Personal Data to ATLANTIC WELDING, you will be informed about certain rights you have regarding Personal Data you submit and how that Personal Data will be processed and used by ATLANTIC WELDING. At that time, you may consent to the use of and submit your Personal Data by ATLANTIC WELDING or decline to consent to such use and not submit your Personal Data.
What is Personal Data?
The term “Personal Data” means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
What Personal Data We Collect and How We Use That Personal Data?
Customer, Vendor, and Suppliers: ATLANTIC WELDING may collect and process the following categories of Personal Data concerning our customers, vendors, and suppliers: name and surname, contact details (e.g., email address, telephone number, residential address), job title, bank account details and financial information (including credit/income history), transaction history, communications and criminal records. We process this information for facilitate routine and common business practices, such as those related to sales orders and management, promotion and quotation submitting, warranty management, credit collection, compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Export Controls and other legal requirements, accounting, corporate transactions, and defense of our interests and claims.
Website Users: ATLANTIC WELDING collects Personal Data for the purpose of providing information or updates about ATLANTIC WELDING or its products or arc welding to individuals who visit the Site. We may also use Personal Data you submit for internal purposes including the administration of the Site, data analytics, corporate transactions, and compliance with law or legal process and ATLANTIC WELDING’s policies and procedures. You also provide new, or updated or corrected Personal Data to ATLANTIC WELDING from time-to-time
Job Applicants: ATLANTIC WELDING collects Personal Data from prospective employees, independent consultants and advisers who submit applications for consideration.
Video Conferencing Events Participants: ATLANTIC WELDING may collect Personal Data such as voice and/or video recordings, in the course of training events, meetings, conferences and other events we may organize.
Who Provides Us With Your Personal Data?
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
Categories of Personal Data collected and purposes for which they are processed are listed below:
- Complete a Transaction: You provide Personal Data to ATLANTIC WELDING so we can provide you services and products or information pertaining to our services and products. Often, this transaction is governed by a binding contract and in order for ATLANTIC WELDING to fulfil the terms and conditions of that contract, we need to collect, use, and retain, your Personal Data.
- Contact Us and Ask the Experts: You may submit an inquiry or comment to ATLANTIC WELDING along with your name, and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address). ATLANTIC WELDING uses this information for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: ATLANTIC WELDING may ask users of the Site to complete optional online surveys and opinion polls for the purpose of obtaining their input relating to our present or planned products and their use. These surveys help us to better meet your needs. In conducting these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that we can provide you with information about our products and about welding and cutting, for example, by sending you newsletters or other marketing material.
- Product, Accessory and Extended Warranty Orders: If you purchase products from the Site, we ask for your name, contact information (such as address, phone number and email address), shipping and billing information. You will also be asked to provide your credit card number and security code solely to our credit card processing vendor, 3Delta Systems ( 3dsi.com), for purposes of payment. ATLANTIC WELDING will not have access to or store your credit card information. For U.S. products, you may also register your ATLANTIC WELDING product on our website so we can provide information updates to you and for this purpose we will ask you for your name, contact details and product serial and code number.
- Locating a Distributor: If you use the Site to locate a nearby ATLANTIC WELDING distributor, we will ask you for a location. Information about your location will be retained and analyzed for statistical business reasons.
- Customer and Investor Updates: ATLANTIC WELDING asks you to provide name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that updates to our products, safety data sheets (SDS), safety and corporate investor information may be sent to you.
myATLANTIC WELDING Account: If you create an account on a ATLANTIC WELDING Site, we collect the account information that you submit, such as your name, email address, and log-in information. We also collect information regarding your orders through the account, such as your history of purchases.
- Mobile Applications and Internet Connected Devices: ATLANTIC WELDING may receive Personal Data during your access to and use of any ATLANTIC WELDING mobile application. We may collect first and last names, email addresses, online identifiers, and other Personal Data used to register with, download, or access the relevant mobile application. We may monitor, record, and analyze the operation, location, maintenance and/or performance of welding and other equipment made, sold or provided by ATLANTIC WELDING and connected to the mobile application. We may de-identify, aggregate, and analyze this data in order to develop more effective and efficient products and services.
- From Third Parties: ATLANTIC WELDING may also receive Personal Data from third parties who provide services to us, such as trade shows, mailing or other list services. ATLANTIC WELDING may receive the following categories of Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, business or personal address.
Corporate Transactions: ATLANTIC WELDING may need to use some of the above Personal Data in order to comply with requests of prospective or actual purchasers interested in ATLANTIC WELDING or its assets, or relation to a prospective or actual purchase of companies or assets by ATLANTIC WELDING.
- Recruiting Talent: You may submit your application for an available position at ATLANTIC WELDING or such an application can be made on your behalf. We will carry out an initial screening of applications received and may choose to proceed to an interview or further assessment stage with certain job candidates. In the process we will collect and process CVs, information on your qualifications (professional and otherwise), experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and benefits packages and any relevant working hours), interests, information about your previous academic history and qualifications including professional certifications and credentials, and language skills. We may collect details of your right to work in the location for which you are applying (including citizenship, passport data, visa data, details of residency or work permit). Where permitted or otherwise authorized by applicable laws, information received from third parties about you may include the results of background checks and referencing. Where required by law we need to collect information about disabilities from our job applicants.
- Video Teleconferencing Training Events, Meetings, Conferences and other Events: ATLANTIC WELDING may record the content, conversations, and discussions in the course of these video teleconferencing events and such records may be stored or retained by us or our third party service providers for the following purposes: training; the need to document corporate decision-making processes; to make the video teleconferencing events available to registered participants of the events to allow them to review the events after they have finished.
Do We Collect Special Categories of Personal Data or Information on Children?
How Do We Share Your Personal Data?
ATLANTIC WELDING does not sell or lease any Personal Data, such as email addresses, collected from customers, vendors, suppliers, Site users, job applicants, or from video teleconferencing participants. The following are the ways we share your information:
- Intra-Group: We share Personal Data about you within ATLANTIC WELDING for all the purposes listed above. A list of all ATLANTIC WELDING entities is available here.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Data with third-party
- service providers under contract with ATLANTIC WELDING to help us provide services or events to you and process Personal Data on our behalf for the above-mentioned purposes. We may retain a third party to help us determine what marketing information you might find useful or help us make video teleconferencing events available to you. The service providers are bound by law and/or contract to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data, and to only process your Personal Data to provide requested services and only act on our documented instructions.
- ATLANTIC WELDING also shares data with other companies, vendors and business partners to perform functions for it, whereby these companies are themselves responsible to determine the purposes and/or means of the processing and for the lawfulness of the processing. We may disclose your Personal Data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice. We use a third-party service provider to process credit card information you submit.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Data with courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Data to courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ATLANTIC WELDING, our users, or others. This may include exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, their lawyers or professional advisors, of any interest in ATLANTIC WELDING or its assets, or in relation to a purchase of companies or assets by ATLANTIC WELDING.
How Do We Address Site Privacy and Tracking?
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the sites collecting your personally identifiable information.
How do we comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)?
If you are a California resident you have certain rights regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Know You have the right to request that we disclose to you: (1) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of personal information collected or shared; (3) the purposes for which we collected or shared your personal information; and (4) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information about you. Prior to disclosing the information, we are required to verify that the individual making the request is indeed the individual to whom the information relates. Once we receive a verifiable request, we must disclose to you the information requested for the twelve months preceding your request. The law gives us 45 days to provide the information to you. Please note that if the information you are requesting reveals details directly or indirectly about another person, we will need to seek consent of that person before we can disclose that information to you. In certain circumstances, where disclosure of part or all of the information you have requested would adversely affect the rights of others, we may not be able to disclose the information to you, in which case we will inform you promptly and give you the reasons for our decision. Please further note that CCPA provides for certain exclusions for information that relates to business to business communications and information protected under evidentiary privileges.
- Right to Delete . You have the right to request deletion of the personal information about you that we have received from you. Prior to deleting the information, we are required to verify that the individual making the request is indeed the individual to whom the information relates. Once we receive a verifiable request, the law gives us 45 days to respond. As a general rule, we must delete the information at your request and require our vendors to do so as well. However, the law provides certain exceptions and exclusions that allow us to retain the information even if you have requested that it be deleted. If we do not erase the information pursuant to one of those exceptions we must inform you of that fact and of any rights you may have to appeal our decision.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Data.
- Right against discrimination. California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
How We Protect Your Personal Data?
ATLANTIC WELDING will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data it collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. ATLANTIC WELDING has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secures the Personal Data it collects from loss and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
What About Third Party Websites?
This Site contains links to other third-party websites. ATLANTIC WELDING does not control and is not responsible for the operation of such websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites if you have questions about their privacy practices.
Can I Unsubscribe from Emails?
You may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional emails by unsubscribing here , by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe.
How Can I Update My Personal Data?
What is Our Data Retention Policy?
Is Personal Data Transferred Across Borders/Internationally?
Personal Data collected from our customers, vendors, and suppliers, Site users, job applicants or from video teleconferencing events participants is stored on servers located in the United States. In some cases, your Personal Data may also be stored on servers in a country where the ATLANTIC WELDING affiliate is located.
EUROPEAN UNION INFORMATION PROCESSING
If you are located in a country in the EU, please see the following details about the processing of your Personal Data byATLANTIC WELDING.
Who is responsible for processing of your Personal Data?
What Personal Data do we process about you?
The categories of Personal Data that ATLANTIC WELDING processes about you, for the purposes described below are listed here in.
Why are we processing your Personal Data and on which legal bases?
Site and myATLANTIC WELDING Administration
This includes processing Personal Data to: carry out Site and myATLANTIC WELDING Account administration.
Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on (1) your consent; (2) processing is necessary for ATLANTIC WELDING’s legitimate interests as set out herein ; and (3) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
Do we disclose your Personal Data internationally?
How long does ATLANTIC WELDING keep my Personal Data?
To find out more about ATLANTIC WELDING’s retention of your Personal Data, click here.
Rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation if Personal Data are being processed, the purpose of processing, the categories of data, the legal basis of the processing, information on recipients of the data and the non-EU countries in which they are located, the safeguards put in place for the transfer of data to non-EU countries, the storage period of data or criteria to determine it, further information on your rights, our processing activities, the sources of information and the significant and envisaged consequences of processing.
You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete data completed.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for compelling and legitimate reasons relating to your particular situation, except in cases where legal provisions expressly provide for that processing. In addition, you have the right to object at any time where your Personal Data are processed for direct marketing purposes.
You may receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit them to other data controllers without hindrance. This right only exists if the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You may request to restrict processing of your Personal Data if (i) you contest the accuracy of them – for the period we need to verify your request; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of them and request restriction instead; (iii) we no longer need them, but you tell us you need them to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to processing based on public or legitimate interest – for the period we need to verify your request.
You may request to erase your Personal Data if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected them, you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the processing exists, you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing exist, the processing is unlawful, or erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to lodge a complaint
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your residence, place of employment, or the location where the issue that is the subject of the complaint occurred.
Right to refuse or withdraw consent
Please note that in case we ask for your consent to certain processing, you are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your Personal Data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
To find out more about how to contact ATLANTIC WELDING, click here .
Protection of Username and Password
Some areas of the Website may require that you register and log in. You are responsible for protecting your username and password and all activities on your account. Additionally, we may rely upon any communications we receive on the Website under your login. Notify us immediately if you have reason to believe your login has been or may be used by someone not authorized to do so.